Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mercenary Online (Mercenary OPS)

     Okay, so far Mercenary Online tops my list for "MMO Games that I've spent tons of cash in". I've been hooked to this game the first time I saw how it's presented: 3rd person point of view! I played shooting games like Counterstrike, Point Blank and Cross Fire but none of them got me to spend actual cash for in-game stuff. What I liked about their 3rd person approach is I get to see the costumes of my character while playing and not when I'm shot and lying on the ground. 

     Anyway, this game has a number of features but I'll just focus on PVE as I'm not a PVP fan. So without further ado, I present to you folks my personalized guide on how to survive hordes of zombies.



Save your ammo and aim for the head

     Yeah, the best way to kill zombies is to blow their heads--I don't why but most zombie films and games use this logic. Hey, whatever works! The easiest way to do this is to create a distance between them and line them up, then you can aim for the head. This saves you lots of ammo as you play through each rounds and I'd  like to point out that there are ammo crates scattered on the map but don't be greedy, just get one ammo crate if you really need to. We don't like a resource hog so save some for your teammates.



Shoot the quick ones first

     Keep in mind that your team will be assaulted by a zombie horde so being cornered is the last thing that you would want. Fast zombies (dogs and runners) obstruct your path and this gives the other zombies (big ones and the tough ones) a chance to mob you to death. So create a distance and pick them off one by one by aiming for their heads.




Know your way around the map

     Important stuff, yes. You should know where the room trap switches are located as this will save your life when you're the only one left in your team. Don't open all the locked doors/rooms all at once because the infected will also come out of the other room and can put you to a corner. Also remember to create distance. Let them chase you down and keep your eye as well on the mini-map as it shows the enemy location.



Mobility helps

     Yeah, the SAW is a powerful weapon but it hinders your movement. It also has limited rounds (100 rounds vs numerous infected coming at you and they don't die with 1 or 2 bullets so take your pick) and the reload time is quite slow. So select weapons that will allow you to move quickly. You can also equip a knife or pistol while trying to run away from the hordes. Your mobility is affected by the weapon you are currently equipped with.



     I hope the pointers that I have provided will help you survive hordes after hordes of undead mob in the zombie-survival mode of this game. Yes I'm redundant. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment